Mobile Markets are full with Fake Phones and mobiles are being sold as original even with Branded tags next to it the replica phones are kept in the market that looks similar to the original phone, to make sure whether your phone is original or fake there would be two ways of checking it. These methods will help you during purchasing a used cell phone.
Check the following Features:
Be alert about the spellings for example Soniericsson, Nokia and Samsung
Warranties: Always ask for 12 months warranty certificate from the phone manufacturers; never trust on an oral agreement with the seller. Fake phones come with a short warranty periods as counterfeiters cannot give guarantee it will last so long.
Check handset in all aspects completely: Some people take phones home without testing it first. Some dealers make you fool and encourage this, knowing the handset is fake. As you check it out, you might observe some points of low performance or other issues such as memory which is cheap quality photos.
Appearances: like dull colours, screen size, quality of printing and paint finish, Fake built quality difference in weight, logos, location of buttons and battery, missing functions, quality control and holograms and lack of quality.
The other method is examining or checking Phones quality through 15 digit IMEI code
IMEI stands for ( International Mobile Equipment Identity). This is a 15-digit number and might be found in the packet of the mobile phone as well. It might be found by eliminating the back cover and it might be located on the battery.
The IMEI number may be as below:
3 6 9 3 9 5 0 1 2 3 5 5 6 7 8
Now view the 7th and 8th digit. These two digits will make sure your phone’s quality!
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 00 this shows your cell phone is made in Original Factory which makes sure the best quality.
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 01 or 10 this shows your cell phone is made in Finland which is best quality.
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 13 this shows your cell phone is gathered in Azerbaijan which is too bad. And it is also unsafe and dangerous for health!
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 02 or 20 this shows your cell phone is gathered in Emirates which is very cheap quality. If the seventh and eighth digits are either 03/30 04/40, this shows your phone is manufactured in China but its good quality. But is bad either as 00, 01 or 10.
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 05 or 50 this shows your cell phone is made either in Brazil or USA or Finland.
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 06 or 60 this shows your cell phone is made either in Hong Kong, or China or Mexico
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 08 or 80 this shows your cell phone is made in Germany which is good and fair quality.
- This will help and facilitate you to select the good one but these tips might not work with the Sony Erickson Mobile Phone.