Viber Desktop Version For Free PC to Phone Calling:
Viber is one of the most popular ways to call friends for free from a smartphone. The app allows you to chat for nothing to any of your friends who have installed Viber on their Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Phone or Symbian device. Unlike Skype, there is no PC version of Viber (not yet, anyway), so - theoretically - you can only use the service if you have a smartphone. But in actual fact, with a simple hack you can run Viber on a PC or Mac to make free calls to anyone who is using Viber.
It's all done using the free BlueStacks software, which allows you to run Android apps on a PC. You can run Viber through BlueStacks, coupling it with a contacts app to make free calls from your computer to your friends and family. Be sure to check which of your buddies have Viber on their phones already - and if they haven't got it yet, urge them to install it.
Viber Desktop Version Features:
- Best-quality HD voice calls
- Video calls
- Text, photo and sticker messages
- Full sync between your mobile and Windows
- Transfer ongoing calls between devices
What you'll need to run Viber on your computer:
- A Windows or Mac computer
- BlueStacks App Player. Available to download for free for Windows or Mac
- A cellphone (any type will do, as long as you can receive SMS)
- Headphones with built-in mic OR standard headphones and an external mic