KARACHI: In a tragic incident, a student of grade seven lost his life when a kite string slit his throat in Liaquatabad area on Sunday.
Twelve-year-old Muhib was riding a motor cycle as a pillion with his friend in Liaquatabad area when a kite string that came from unknown direction formed a noose around his neck and worked as a sharp-edged knife on his throat. The boy died on the spot.
Muhib, who had come out to borrow a home work general from a friend, was brought back dead to his home leaving his family in severe shock and grief. Heart wrenching scenes were witnessed at his house, as the family mourned the boy’s sudden and tragic death.
His friend who was riding the motor cycle told the media persons that as they rode down a road, Muhib shouted from the back seat in pain. And when he stopped the motor cycle, he found his friend’s throat slit with a kite string.